Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Finally Back

Here are some pictures of things that have been happening since my last visit to my blog.


Jackson and Ryder turn one


Ryder was a little skeptical,
like his daddy, he didn't want
to get his hands dirty



After a few minutes, he got
the hang of it




Jackson loved the balloons





Cupcakes for guests. Pea
pods made out of gum paste



Jackson's First Birthday Cake




Ryder's First Birthday Cake



I didn't realize it had been almost four months since I had visited my blog. The last we spoke, I was battling the flu. That was some nasty stuff. I really hate to see what this swine flu is going to do in the fall. I have been taking some precautions; hopefully, some of them will help. Since we last visited, a lot of things have been going on lately.

Let me see...what have I been doing since I was last here.

I quit work. After working for 20 years, as an office manager, for a psychologist. I left the building!! His health was declining and needed me 24/7. He is a widower and has no one really to help him. But, I couldn't do it anymore. The straw that broke the camel's back, was the morning he called at 4:00 A.M., to "tell" me to go to WalMart and get him a thermometer, he thought he had a temperature. Well, I went to WalMart and got him the dang thermometer and NO he didn't have a temperature. So, I turned in my notice and that is that.

Amazing when you are not working, you have all these plans of things that you are going to do, organize, clean, etc. Well, I stay busy all day long and I have yet to do anything on my list. Yesterday, my list consisted of cleaning out my closet. I got up, started laundry, stripped beds, ironed sheets and clothes, canned tomatoes, prepared dinner, prepared hubby two dishes to take to a potluck and vacuumed. Needless to say, the closet was not touched.

I turned 53, since we last spoke and that is all I am saying about that!

We have been busy canning and freezing veggies. Hubby is eating the peaches as fast as I get them in the freezer. But, I can't wait until a cold, rainy day and I can have veggie soup and cornbread from all our vegetables we have put up.

The twins, Jackson and Ryder, turned one! It was definitely a red letter day. The parents planned a swim party and about 75 people attended. The theme "Two Peas in a Pod." I made their cakes, preparing individual cakes for the boys with gum paste pea pods with two peas inside on each. For the other guests, I made cupcakes with a smaller version of the pea pods for each one. They turned out so cute.

I had a friend visit a few weeks ago and we headed out to our favorite little shops. We wandered upon an antique store and had to go inside. Upon entering the store, I saw the neatest craft, that I had not seen before. The artist had used old coffee pots, silver nut dishes, silver trays, old candy dishes, etc., and made wind chimes, using old "silver" flatware for the tines and clanger (I don't know what else to call it). So, we decided we would make one for each of us. Well, after hours and hours of trial and error, we finally completed two. I have since learned some tricks and have made about ten. I would like to put some in my craft booth in upcoming shows. The fun is searching out the objects to use. If I could figure out how to get someone else to make them and me just search for the items...I would be a happy camper.

Well, I can't really think of anything else that has happened over the past four months. But, with my memory the way it is...I'm sure I am forgetting a BUNCH. I am going to get back to my regular blogging. I've missed it.

No comments:

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

The Grandbabies and their parents

The Grandbabies and their parents
Our dear son and family